This bundled course has been updated to meet the 20 hours of California continuing
education that is required by CTEC.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This is an intermediate course, designed for seasoned tax
preparers, who have the basic knowledge of tax.
10 Hour Federal Tax Law Topics (IRS Course #B8FQK-T-00024-17-S) (CTEC Course #3064-CE-0045)
3 Hour Federal Tax Update Course (IRS Course #B8FQK-U-00022-17-S) (CTEC Course #3064-CE-0044)
- Affordable Care Act
- Child Credits / Education and Related Issues
- Filing Status and Dependent Review
- Schedule C - Home Day Care Business / Schedule E/Rental Real Estate
- Best Practices and Electronic Filing
- Form 1099 Reminders and Review
- Standard vs. Itemized Deductions
- Updated AGI limitations and rates
- Itemized Deductions Limitation Worksheet
- Section 179 on Amended Return
- Flexible Spending Arrangements
- Form 3115 Requirement for Repair Regulations
- Self-Certification Waiver for Missed Rollover Deadlines
2 Hour Ethics Course (IRS Course #B8FQK-E-00023-17-S)(CTEC Course #3064-CE-0043)
- Review of Circular 230
- Disclosure, Document Protection and Rules
- Identity Theft
5 Hour CA Update & Topics Course (CTEC Course #3064-CE-0046)
- Rates, Exemptions and Deductions
- Filing Status Review
- California Real Estate Withholding
- Impact of Affordable Care Act on California
- California NOL, Disaster Loss
- California Alternative Minimum Tax (Schedule P)
- Native America
- California Sales and Use Tax
- Nonresident Returns
- California Credits
- CA Military Conformity
- CTEC Rules
- All courses may be taken "Online" or on TaxEase Paper Exam Answer Sheet. Paper Exam Answer
- Sheets must be faxed or emailed to TaxEase
- Each section of the course will be graded separately.
- All sections of the exam must be completed on the paper exam sheet before faxing or emailing the exam
to Taxease for grading.
- The student must pass each section with a score of 70% or better. There is no additional charge if a
- student must retake any or all sections of the exam.
- A Certificate of Completion will be provided to students upon successful completion. Students who
complete their exam online will be able to print their certificate after successful completion of the exam.
Students who fax or email their exam for grading will be emailed their certificate after successful
completion of the exam. A paper certificate is available for $12.00.